Fairfax Performance Long GirthRegular price £240.00
Fairfax Performance Long Girth
The Fairfax Performance Long Girth is the only girth to have been tested in conjunction with the British Equestrian Federation.
During GB team training, Centaur Biomechanics gait analysis was used to test the effect of the girth on the horses’ performance.
With up to 33% improvement in forelimb protraction and general range of motion of every elite horse was tested against the results compared to the horses’ usual girth.
Russell Guire of Centaur Biomechanics "The only girth to have been designed with Pliance. Pliance pressure mapping technology was used to identify the exact location of high-pressure zones under the girth. The readings were then used to design the performance girth, which is proven to reduce peak pressures by as much as 82%."
- Lined with Prolite – known for its ability to distribute pressure, absorb impact and prevent rubbing.
- New construction method allows the Prolite edge “to float” so the horse’s muscles can move underneath, rather than bang against.
- Combination of the contour and the cushioning creates a buffer zone and prevents a “hard” edge. Horses increasingly adjust to the reduced level of restriction and discomfort, so movement continues to improve if the girth is used for schooling and competition.
- Greatly reduces pressure Increases hock flexion
- Increases front leg extension
- Greatly reduces pressure Improves gait symmetry.
Available as part of our Fairfax Saddlery range
Generally, these girths are made to order. Please contact us to order your size and colour if not listed or out of stock.