All FAIRFAX Saddles MUST be FITTED by a Society of Master Saddler's Registered Qualified Saddle Fitter to ensure it is fitted correctly. Please see our Saddle Fitting Services for details of charges and appointments. If you live more than 40 miles from postcode DL159HA please contact us before placing an order to avoid disappointment. If you are outside our area we will endeavor to put you touch with another SMS Fitter who is a Fairfax Stockist.
If you order a saddle this will simply reserve the saddle (or contribute towards a saddle) for you. Our SMS Fitter will then contact you to make an appointment to bring out a selection of saddles including the saddle of your choice. The sale will be completed by our SMS Saddle Fitter with yourself once they are happy with the fit. This allows for any adjustments to be made on site and ensures your saddle is correctly fitted.
DON'T FORGET TO ORDER YOUR GULLET R BAR (priced separately) WHEN ORDERING.
A high-comfort GP particularly suitable for the discerning rider who enjoys all types of riding and competition, but also wants to enjoy a little extra luxury and support from their saddle. The horse meanwhile, benefits from Fairfax’s fitting features and girthing options thanks to all the research and development that has gone into our Performance Products.
The Fairfax Classic GP benefits from all the features common to every Classic saddle (see design details below), plus the following comfort-enhancing details.
- A comfortable and supportive seat allowing the rider to get the most from their hours in the saddle
- The design and placement of the billets gives four girthing options to fine-tune the fit to the horse’s shape and movement
- Luxurious double-oiled butt leather
- Super-soft full grain hide on the seat
- The stitched-on knee block provides superior support for the rider’s leg
- Deep cushioning over the knee rolls ensures the support is softer and more accommodating for a variety of leg lengths. This can prove particularly useful for those who intend to ride with different stirrup lengths in the GP saddle (i.e. hacking or jumping & competing)
- Two rows of ghost stitching on the knee roll allow it to contour easily around the block, allowing the leg to rest in the most comfortable and effective position for the chosen stirrup length
Gullet Bar not included. Sold individually.
|Seat Sizes||17", 17½", 18"|
|Gullet Bar Type||R-Bar|