Dengie Hi-Fi Lite Horse Feed 20kg
Dengie Hi-Fi Lite is the perfect low-calorie, high-fibre maintenance feed for leisure horses and ponies. Hi-Fi Lite is approved by The Laminitis Trust
Dengie Hi-Fi Lite is ideal as the sole bucket feed for horses and ponies that are overweight and prone to laminitis. It can be fed alongside a broad-spectrum supplement or a feed balancer to provide a balanced diet. Where additional condition is needed, or for those horses with a higher energy requirement, Dengie Alfa-Beet or Alfa-A Lite can be added.
Dengie Hi-Fi Lite can also be fed as a hay replacer. Naturally lower in sugar than hay, Hi-Fi Lite can be fed on a weight for weight basis as a low sugar alternative to hay or haylage.
Dengie Hi-Fi Lite is a short ‘chop’ that takes as long to chew as the equivalent weight of hay or haylage, helping to keep horses occupied and satisfied. For horses on restricted grazing, Hi-Fi Lite is ideal as it delivers sufficient fibre to maintain gut function.
* The Dengie alfalfa in Hi-Fi Lite is dried at a very high temperature which reduces mould. Extraction processes help to reduce the dust content to promote respiratory health.
- Suitable for overweight horses & ponies prone to laminitis
- Contains naturally occuring vitamins & minerals
- A low calorie hay replacer
- Low sugar & starch
- Contains alfalfa
- Approved by the laminitis trust
The amount and kind of work your horse or pony is doing is an important factor when calculating the quantity and type of feed to give.
- Convalescence/Resting - Horses on box rest, or turned away
- Light work - Maximum of 1 hour per day hacking, mostly at walk with some trotting and cantering, or 30 minutes of schooling, mostly at the trot with some canter
- Medium work - Schooling, dressage, show-jumping, novice or intermediate 1 day eventing or hunting 1 day per week
- Hard Work - Advanced one day events. 3 day events, hunting 2 days per week, polo and all forms of racing