Dengie Alfa-A Oil Fibre Horse Feed 20kg
The ultimate pure alfalfa fibre feed for fuelling hard work, improving stamina and promoting condition in horses and ponies.
The addition of rape seed oil makes this feed excellent for providing slow-release energy without the fizz. Dengie Alfa-A Oil is free from molasses and cereal grains it is ideal for over-excitable individuals or those prone to muscle problems.
Dengie Alfa-A Oil provides 12.5MJ/kg of slow-release energy, which is comparable to a conditioning or competition mix, but provides 10 times less starch, making it ideal for horses with ERS which research indicates benefit from a low sugar and starch diet.
Alfa-A Oil has a high oil content, perfect for show ring condition, healthy skin and coat shine and as no added sugar and low in starch.
The alfalfa in Alfa-A Oil is dried at a very high temperature which reduces mould. Efficient extraction processes ensure Alfa-A Oil has a low dust content making it ideal for promoting respiratory health especially in performance and race horses.
- Suitable for horses & ponies in hard work, improving stamina
- Promoting weight gain - High in Oil, High Calorie
- Provides slow release energy for condition without the fizz
- Free from molasses & preservatives
- No Added Sugar, Added Vitamin E
When feeding a fibre only ration ideally the ration should be topped up with a source of vitamins and minerals such as Performance+ Balancer or Performance Vits & Mins which are both formulated with performance in mind.
Performance+ Balancer is our higher specification balancer designed for the performance horse. Based on alfalfa and linseed the balancer supplies good quality nutrients to help with coat shine and condition. We also include a full range of B vitamins, which are important for efficient energy metabolism and chelated minerals for improved absorption.
Performance Vits & Mins is a high specification broad-spectrum vitamin and mineral supplement that contains generous levels of antioxidants for horses in medium to hard work and provides a more economical alternative to feed balancers whilst still providing appropriate levels of vitamins and minerals.
The amount and kind of work your horse or pony is doing is an important factor when calculating the quantity and type of feed to give. Dengie Alfa-A Oil provides sufficient energy to meet the requirements of working horses, even those in hard work.
NOTE: Horses are individuals and so always adjust your horse’s feed ration to suit his temperament and condition as well as his work load.
- Convalescence/Resting - Horses on box rest, or turned away
- Light work - Maximum of 1 hour per day hacking, mostly at walk with some trotting and cantering, or 30 minutes of schooling, mostly at the trot with some canter
- Medium work - Schooling, dressage, show-jumping, novice or intermediate 1 day eventing or hunting 1 day per week
- Hard Work - Advanced one day events. 3 day events, hunting 2 days per week, polo and all forms of racing
Typical analysis: (%) ‘as fed’
Digestible Energy 12.5MJ/kg, Protein 14, Oil 12, Ash (mineral) 9, Fibre 27, Naturally Occurring Sugar 4.5, Starch 2
Alfalfa, rape seed oil.